Monday, September 25, 2006

Cactus Hunters

So I decided since I am now living in San Diego and it is a desert with cacti I should probably just go out and grab some for the tort instead of buying it online. About 3 days ago my girlfriend and I went out at about 11 o'clock at night and walked a few blocks down to where I thought I remembered seeing some pickly pears. Sure enough it was right there, I just had to climb up a hill with my flashlight and break a few pads off. After a few thorns in my hand we walked away with two pads. I started feeding one of the to my tortoise (he loves the cactus now) and the other one I tried replanting in a pot. Ill let you all know how that goes.

Also our whole property was sprayed with insecticide so now I have to hose down his pen and keep him inside for a week or too.

1 Comments:

Blogger MGMT said...

All you have to do is keep him off the yard for a week or two? My yard got sprayed with weed killer stuff and I was told that I should keep Lenin off it for the rest of the season until next Spring.

Let me know there are few good days Lenin could still go out.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home