Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Escape !!!

Yesterday, after i got home from work I went to go check up on my tortoises and to my suprise I did not find them in the pen. They had dug under the wooden walls because I did not follow my own advice of sinking in the walls in the ground 8 inches. I figured the new tortoise that had been living in the wild dug out and the one I bought followed. Of course, I paniced and started looking everywhere. I finally started looking around the pen and found Tuck, the one I had bought, he was just sitting about 2 feet away munching on some poppies. I figured, Doug, the tortoise from the wild high tailed it out of there. I was ok with losing her because she did not seem content at all being caged up and she was doing fine in the wild by herself. I wish her the best of luck. I will not be using the pen untill it is properly updated to permanently prevent escape.

1 Comments:

Blogger MGMT said...

I saw you on the RT forums, good to see you around. I had the same but in an indoor situation if you can believe that. My first night I left him alone, he burrowed to the bottom of the deep substrate, I nearly died of a heart attack.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home