Thursday, June 29, 2006

In search of a name


I have recently found out that my tortoise is a male. One way you can tell is to look at the tail. Males have long tails that wrap all the way to their hind legs and a female has a short stubby tail. Now that I know he is a male I need a name. I noticed alot of other people name their russian tortoise's a russian name, which makes sense, but I'm not sure if thats the way to go. If you think you have a good name let me know. If you happen to find I name, I chose then I'll find some type of compensation. Thanks for the help!

2 Comments:

Blogger MGMT said...

While my tortoise indeed has a Russian name its kind of trivial to be trying to do such a thing. There is in fact nothing Russian about Russian Tortoises. The man who brought them to the States initally are was Russian I am pretty sure that is where the whole thing started.

I had a list of names for my tortoise and I took a long time to narrow it down. Let us know what you choose!

1:26 AM  
Blogger Z.J. said...

The name I am currently considering is tuck, short for tucker i guess, but im still not sure.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home